Website Usage Policy
Sterling Bank and Trust, FSB requires that all the visitors to our website(s) on the Internet (www.sterlingbank.com) adhere to the following rules and regulations. By accessing the website you indicate your acknowledgment and acceptance of these terms and conditions. Sterling Bank and Trust maintains this website to provide you with 24 hour information about Sterling Bank and Trust products and services and to ease communication with Sterling Bank and Trust and its related companies. Your access to and use of the website are subject to these terms and conditions and all applicable laws and regulations. From time to time we may revise these terms and conditions.
Copyright in the website pages, text and images appearing in this website are owned by Sterling Bank and Trust or others as indicated. The information and materials may not be copied, displayed, distributed, downloaded, licensed, modified, published, re-posted, reproduced, reused, sold, transmitted, used to create a derivative work or otherwise used for public or commercial purposes, without the express written permission of Sterling Bank and Trust.
The products and services described on the website are only offered in places where this may be done legally. Not all of the products or services described on the website are available in all geographic areas. You may not be eligible for all the products or services described. Sterling Bank and Trust reserves the right to determine your eligibility for any product or service.
Investment products and services (i) are not bank deposits and are not insured by the FDIC, (ii) are not guaranteed by Sterling Bank and Trust, and (iii) are subject to substantial risk, including the possible loss of some or all of the principal investment.
The information contained in the website is not intended to provide legal, financial, tax or accounting advice to any person. Anyone visiting this website should consult with their own legal counsel or accounting or financial advisor before using the information available on the website.
We will use our best efforts to include accurate and up to date information on this website, but we make no warranties or representations as to the accuracy of the information. Specific product offers, and rates, terms and other information provided here are subject to change without notice.
You agree that all access and use of this website and its contents is at your own risk. By using this website, you acknowledge that we specifically disclaim any liability (whether based in contract, tort, strict liability or otherwise) for any direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, or special damages arising out of or in any way connected with your access to or use of this website, including liability associated with any viruses which may infect a user's computer equipment. With regard to services or products purchased or obtained by the user from a non-Sterling Bank and Trust person or entity, Sterling Bank and Trust makes no warranty of merchantability or warranty of fitness for a particular purpose with regard to such services and products and Sterling Bank and Trust specifically disclaims all other warranties with regard to said services and products. You agree that your use of this site shall be governed by all applicable Federal laws and the laws of the state of Michigan.
Links to other websites, and references to other products, services or publications do not imply any endorsement by Sterling Bank and Trust, FSB or its affiliates, of such products, services, or publications. Quickbooks® and Quicken® are trademarks and service marks of Intuit Inc., registered in the United States and other countries. iPhone®, iPodtouch®, and iPad® are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. Android™ is a trademark of Google Inc. BlackBerry® and related trademarks, names and logos are the property of Research In Motion Limited and are registered and/or used in the U.S. and countries around the world.
Important Online Banking Disclaimer and Intellectual Property Notice
The terms "we, "us," "our," "Sterling" and "Bank" refer to Sterling Bank & Trust, FSB. The terms "you" and "your" refer to each person listed who is entitled to use this Bank account according to such person(s)' existing agreements with the Bank. If there is a conflict between the terms and conditions of this Agreement and one or more terms contained in the other agreements between you and Bank, this Agreement will control.
- SERVICES – The Bank agrees to provide you with the Online Banking services described and incorporated herein by this reference (the "Services"). You agree to the terms and conditions contained in this Agreement. These services permit Sterling customers (consumers, sole proprietors and other business customers) to perform a number of banking functions on accounts linked to the service through the use of a personal computer and/or mobile device.
We report your Online Banking, Mobile Banking, and Bill Pay transactions on the monthly statements for your enrolled accounts. A description of each transaction, including whom you paid, and the date and amount of the transaction will appear on your statement.
Online Banking may be used to:
- Transfer funds between your accounts on either a one-time or recurring basis, including as a payment to an enrolled installment loan or mortgage.
- Transfer funds from your Sterling bank account(s) to an account(s) at another institution using the Bill Pay service.
- View current balance information on your enrolled accounts. With Online Banking, you can securely access your account balances - 24 hours a day from anywhere you have access to the Internet. We recommend you view account activity daily to verify legitimate transactions as they post.
- Review account statements on your enrolled accounts. Review your bank statements as soon as you receive them to check for unauthorized transactions.
- Review available transactions for your enrolled accounts.
- View and print check images on your enrolled accounts.
- Make one-time or recurring bill payments from your enrolled checking account to companies or individuals (Billers) you select in the amounts and on the days you request.
- Receive voluntary electronic notifications at the e-mail address or mobile phone you choose and on the accounts for which you enroll for notifications.
- Receive voluntary Event Notifications through the Bill Pay service.
- Receive security event notifications through the Bill Pay service.
- Receive reminders through the Bill Pay service.
- Receive account statements and notices electronically instead of paper statements via the eStatements service.
- IDENTIFICATION - To utilize our Online Banking services you must have one or more Bank accounts, an Online Banking Access ID number, password and Required Enhanced Security Information, and an email address. To utilize Mobile Banking service you must have a 4-digit numerical PIN.
- NO LIABILITY - The Bank is responsible for complying with the terms of this Agreement. If we do not complete a transfer to or from your account on time or in the correct amount according to our agreement with you, we will be liable for your losses or damages. However, there are some exceptions, including, but not limited to:
- If, through no fault of ours, you do not have enough money in your account to make a transfer.
- If we are directed to prohibit withdrawals from the account by applicable law or court order.
- If your account is closed or if it has been frozen.
- If the transfer would cause your balance to go over the credit limit for any credit arrangement set up to cover overdrafts.
- If you, or anyone you permit to utilize the Services, commits any fraud or violates any law or regulation.
- If any electronic terminal or telecommunication device malfunctions or is otherwise not working properly and/or prevents the utilization of the Services.
- If you have not properly followed the instructions for using the Services.
- If circumstances beyond our control (such as fire, flood or improper transmission or handling of payments by a third party) prevent the utilization of the Services, despite reasonable precautions taken by us.
- If there are postal delays or processing delays by the Biller.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY AND DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES - The Bank's liability for damages arising out of this Agreement will not exceed the aggregate fees paid by you to Bank as stated in this Agreement. In no event shall either party have any liability to the other party or any third party for any lost profits or costs of procurement of substitute goods or services or for any indirect, special or consequential damage resulting from or arising out of this Agreement. Notwithstanding the foregoing, in no event shall Bank be liable for any losses or damages resulting from:
- services and/or data provided by your data processing vendor(s);
- software defects in third party software not developed by or licensed from Bank;
- a virus, the prevention of which was beyond the reasonable control of Bank, or
- a third party gaining access to Bank's system and obtaining or altering data.
You understand and agree that except as expressly set forth in this Agreement (including in any addendum hereto), Bank does not make and hereby disclaims any warranties and that the warranties in this Agreement are in lieu of all other warranties, express or implied, including any warranties of merchantability, or fitness for a particular purpose.
The Bank is under no obligation to inform you if it does not complete a payment or transfer because there are non-sufficient funds or credit in your account to process the transaction. In this case, you are responsible for making alternate arrangements or rescheduling the payment or transfer within Online Banking.
Electronic notifications are voluntary and must be activated by you. Notifications will be sent to the e-mail address or mobile phone you provided during enrollment for Online Banking. You are responsible for keeping your e-mail address and/or your mobile phone number up to date and for notifying us of any changes. You understand and agree that electronic notifications may be delayed or prevented by a variety of factors. We do our best to provide electronic notifications in a timely manner with accurate information. We neither guarantee the delivery or the accuracy of any electronic notification contents. You also agree that we shall not be liable for any delays, failure to deliver, or misdirected delivery of any electronic notifications; for any errors in the content of an electronic notification; or for any actions taken or not taken by you or any third party in reliance of an electronic notification.
Electronic notifications are not encrypted; however, we will never include your nonpublic personally identifying information such as Access ID or PIN in conjunction with security information (password, PIN or Mobile Banking one-time password). Electronic notifications may include your name and some information about your accounts. Depending upon which notifications you select, information such as your account balance or the due date for your loan payment may be included. Anyone with access to your e-mail or text messages will be able to view the contents of electronic notifications.
- AUTHORITY - You warrant to the Bank that you have full and complete authority to enter into this Agreement. Bank may accept oral or written instructions (including written instructions sent via facsimile or other electronic transmission) from any person, and any person may utilize the services who has been provided an access ID number or password by you or provides a valid access ID number or password (collectively "Authorized Person"). Bank may require further written confirmation of instructions given orally or by facsimile. Any person authorized to sign on an account is also deemed to be authorized to conduct any transaction related to that account. Bank may, in its discretion, rely on any written notice containing signatures of an Authorized Person if Bank believes, in good faith, that the signature is genuine. Each Authorized Person may act alone. If Bank receives conflicting instructions from Authorized Persons, Bank may
- honor one or more of the instructions received,
- refuse to honor any of the instructions until Bank receives instructions to which all Authorized Persons agree, or
- submit to a court all funds which are subject to the conflicting instructions.
When your Online Banking service is linked to one or more joint accounts, we may act on the verbal, written or electronic instructions of any one of the joint owners.
- We may change services or add new ones without advance notice.
- You are responsible for the accuracy of all information you input.
- You will comply with any instructions or conditions for use of the services as set forth within Online Banking.
- The services are meant as aids to assist you with managing your accounts. They are not intended to provide legal, tax, or financial advice.
- FEES AND CHARGES - You agree to immediately pay the Bank for the Services in accordance with the Bank's fee schedule, which is available at www.sterlingbank.com.
- SECURITY PROCEDURES - You agree to abide by the security procedures set forth in this Agreement and the Exhibits attached hereto and any other security procedures established by Bank and provided to you from time to time.
- ACCEPTANCE OF TERMS AND CONDITIONS - The first time you access any of your Bank accounts through use of the Services, or authorize others to use the services, you agree to be bound by all the terms and conditions of this Agreement and acknowledge your receipt and understanding of this disclosure.
- HOURS OF ACCESSIBILITY - You can usually access your Bank accounts through the Services seven (7) days a week, 24 hours a day. However, at certain times, some or all of the Services may not be available due to system maintenance or reasons beyond Bank's control. Bank specifically does not warrant that the Services will be available at all times. During these times when Services are not available, you may use Sterling’s telephone banking service, a Bank ATM or a Bank branch to conduct your transactions (assuming you have applied for and been accepted to utilize such telephone and ATM services).
- TERMINATION - Your Online Banking services remain in effect until they are terminated by you or the Bank. You may cancel your service at any time by notifying us of your intent to cancel in writing or by calling Branch Operations at 1-800-944-BANK (2265). This cancellation applies to your Online Banking services and does not terminate your Sterling accounts. We may terminate your participation in Online Banking services for any reason, including inactivity, at any time. We will try to notify you in advance, but we are not obligated to do so.
If you choose to cancel your Online Banking services, any unprocessed payments will be canceled. We recommend that you cancel any scheduled payments prior to notifying us that you are discontinuing the service. The Bank will cancel any scheduled payments once we receive your request to discontinue the service. If you close your account or if it is no longer enrolled in the Online Banking service, your Online Banking service will end, and any unprocessed payments will be canceled.
- NO WARRANTIES - The Bank makes no representations or warranties to you or any other person, express or implied, in law or in fact, and disclaims any and all implied warranties, including, but not limited to, the implied warranties of fitness for a particular purpose, merchantability or suitability, to you or any other person, of any of the services provided by bank under this agreement or any computer software products or programs provided by bank under this agreement, or as to the stability or compatibility of bank's software, equipment or communication interfaces with those used by you.
- ENTIRE AGREEMENT - This agreement and all amendments, exhibits and attachments embody the entire agreement between you and Bank regarding the services covered under this agreement. It supersedes all proposals and prior agreements and all oral discussions relating to the subjects covered in this agreement. It may not be contradicted by evidence of prior, contemporaneous or subsequent oral agreement between you and Bank. There are no unwritten oral agreements between you and Bank.
- DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION TO THIRD PARTIES - You authorize Bank to disclose to third parties information you have provided or that we have obtained about your accounts and the transfers you make:
- To comply with laws, regulations, government agency or court orders or requests; or
- To verify the existence and condition of your account for a third party, such as a credit bureau or merchant; or
- Where it is necessary for completing transfers or wires; or
- To verify the existence and condition of your account for a third party, such as a credit bureau or merchant; or
- To comply with government agency or court orders; or
- To provide services relating to your account or to offer other products and services; or
- If you otherwise give us your written permission.
- The Online Banking system is a trademark of ACI Payment Systems. All other brand and product names are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners.